Grade 11 | Unit 1: Friendship (Hệ 7 Năm)
Trọng tâm gồm những phần sau: Topic-Specific Vocabulary, Describing Appearance and Personality, Talking about Family Conflicts, Supporting Main Ideas, Tips on Learning Useful Expressions and Collocations in English.
1. A FRIEND IN NEED IS A FRIEND INDEED!
That guy is just an acquaintance (chỉ là người quen thôi), not a friend of mine. But that girl is both a friend and a neighbor. What are the qualities (phẩm chất) of a true friend? There are at least four top qualities of a true friend. A true friendship should be close and lasting, constant and loyal, unselfish and respectful, enthusiastic and sympathetic (thân tình và bền lâu, kiên định và chung thủy, không ích kỷ mà biết tôn trọng, nhiệt tình và đồng cảm). A good friend can keep a secret. Good friends have mutual trust in each other (tin tưởng lẫn nhau). Besides they should be concerned with each other (quan tâm đến nhau). Friendship is never one-way (đơn phương, một chiều); it must be a two-sided affair (cơ sự hai chiều, song phương) and observe the ‘give and take’ rule (theo luật có qua có lại). A true friend is neither easily influenced by gossips (dễ bị dao động bởi lời đàm tiếu) nor readily believes in rumors (nhẹ dạ tin vào lời đồn đại).
2. DESCRIBING PEOPLE’S APPEARANCE AND PERSONALITY:
How does she look? What does she look like?
She is pretty tall and has a heart-shaped face and long straight hair.
She’s pretty tall with a heart-shaped face and long straight hair.
How would you describe her character traits? What do you think of her personality?
She’s generous. She always tries her best to help the poor.
medium height: chiều cao trung bình
oval face: mặt trái xoan
crooked nose: mũi quặp
grey hair: tóc muối tiêu
broad forehead: trán rộng
caring (adj): có lòng nhân ái, biết chăm sóc bảo bọc
modest (adj): khiêm tốn
pleasant (adj): thân thiện, dễ chịu
helpful (adj): chu đáo, ân cần
generous (adj): hào phóng
sincere (adj): chân thành
understanding (adj): cảm thông tha thứ
3. WRITING – DESCRIBING A FRIEND, AN ACQUAINTANCE OR A RELATIVE:
Tập viết đoạn văn-câu và liên kết câu.
1. Xuan is my best friend, who is the same age as me. She also lives in my neighborhood.
2. Xuan and I are best friends. We are the same age and live in the same neighborhood as well.
3. Xuan is a close friend of mine. She is also my age and lives in the same neighborhood as me.
Học sinh được khuyến khích linh hoạt diễn đạt ý tường bằng nhiều cách, sử dụng từ tương đương, cách kết hợp từ khác nhau và liên từ trong câu phức hay từ nối giữa các câu ghép.
- Xuan / best friend / the same age / live, my neighborhood / first met when / grade 6
- Xuan / medium height / long straight hair / clear black eyes / oval face / smartly dressed / look fashionable / lively
- Xuan / a kind of person / like at first sight / cheerful & sociable / pleasant and friendly / make friends easily / rarely talk about herself / helpful / care for other people
- The best thing I like about her is that / sincere / tell the truth / tactful / know how to avoid hurting your feeling / pleasant to be with her.
. keep up with fashion: theo kịp thời trang / be trendy and fashion-conscious: luôn thức thời
. be smartly dressed: ăn mặc đẹp / be casually dressed: ăn mặc xuề xòa
. be fashionably dressed (adj): trang phục hợp thời / lively (adj): sinh động, sống động
. cheerful (adj): tươi vui, vui vẻ / hurt someone’s feeling: làm phật ý ai
4. LANGUAGE FOCUS:
1) NOUN + TO INFINITIVE
>> WORK TO DO / THINGS TO USE
VIỆC CẦN LÀM, VẬT DỤNG
Ex. There are lots of books to read.
Ex. We’ve got a lot of homework to do.
2) WH. + TO INFINITIVE
>> WONDERING WHETHER TO DO SOMETHING
PHÂN VÂN KHÔNG BIẾT PHẢI LÀM GÌ, CÓ NÊN KHÔNG
Ex. I was wondering how to help you.
Ex. Tell me what to do to help you.
3) ADJECTIVE + TO INFINITIVE
>> TO SHOW YOUR FEELING ABOUT DOING SOMETHING
DIỄN TẢ CẢM NHẬN KHI LÀM GÌ
Ex. It was lovely to see all of you again.
Ex. I was so delighted to see all of you again.
4) MAKE / LET / HELP / HAVE SOMEONE DO SOMETHING
TÁC ĐỘNG, TRỢ GIÚP, SAI BẢO, THUÊ MƯỚN AI LÀM GÌ
Ex. Try to make guests feel at home. Let them have their choice.
Ex. Have children do their share of housework and help them get it done.
5) SEE / HEAR / WATCH / LISTEN TO / NOTICE SOMEONE DOING STH.
PHOTOGRAPH / VIDEO / FILM / RECORD / CATCH SOMEONE DOING STH.
>> CHỨNG KIẾN AI ĐÓ ĐANG LÀM GÌ DANG DỞ.
Ex. I saw them jogging in the park this morning.
Ex. I’ll photograph you playing the piano.
6) SEE / HEAR / WATCH / LISTEN TO / NOTICE SOMEONE DO STH.
PHOTOGRAPH / VIDEO / FILM / RECORD / CATCH SOMEONE DO STH.
>> CHỨNG KIẾN AI ĐÓ LÀM GÌ TRỌN VẸN.
Ex. Let’s watch them play a whole game of tennis.
Ex. We’ll video you demonstrate how to operate the new device.