Đề Thi Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia | Social English
Social English roughly means the common functions of English used in everyday exchanges.
In recent years the test items on social English in the Vietnam National English Examinations are confined to giving and responding to opinions, including agreement or disagreement, and expressing and responding to common speech acts, such as suggesting, thanking, requesting, inviting, apologising, and complimenting. Below are sample sentences and analyses for learners.
ĐỀ THI QUỐC GIA 2020
Question 1: Jenny and Kathy are arranging to see a new film. [Accepting an invitation.]
- Jenny: “Why you don’t come over and see the new film with me?”
- Kathy: “_______________.”
A. Great! I’d love to
B. Oh, I’m afraid so
C. You’re welcome
D. Wow! I didn’t realise that
Question 2: Helen and Sarah are talking about their school’s field trip. [Agreeing with an opinion.]
- Halen: “This is the best field trip we’ve ever had.”
- Sarah: “_______________. Everyone enjoyed it to the fullest.”
A. I don’t think that’s a good idea
B. I totally disagree
C. You’re right
D. Never mind
Question 3: Joe and Linda are planning a night out. [Accepting a suggestion.]
- Joe: “Let’s go out for dinner tonight!”
- Linda: “_______________”
A. That’s a good idea.
B. Good luck!
C. Don’t worry!
D. You’re welcome.
Question 4: David and Tim are talking about films. [Agreeing with an opinion.]
- David: “In my opinion, action films are really exciting.”
- Linda: “_______________ They always give me thrills.”
A. That’s wrong.
B. I couldn’t agree more.
C. What’s nonsense!
D. You shouldn’t say that.
Question 5: Pat and Sam are talking about doing exercise. [Agreeing with an opinion.]
- Pat: “I don’t think we should exercise late at night.”
- Sam: “_______________. This increases our heartbeats and makes it harder to sleep.”
A. You can do it again
B. I disagree with you
C. You’re right
D. it’s not true
Question 6: Anna is talking to Mark after their school’s talent contest. [Thanking for a compliment.]
- Anna: “So, you are the winner. Congratulations!”
- Mark: “_______________”
A. You’re welcome.
B. No problem.
C. Not at all.
D. Thank you.
Question 7: Dave is talking to Hannah after their school’s English speaking contest. [Thanking for a compliment.]
- Dave: “Congratulation! You’re given a great performance.”
- Hannah: “_______________.”
A. No, don’t worry.
B. It’s nice of you to say so.
C. Me neither.
D. I’m sorry to hear that.
Question 8: Gini and Adrian are talking about a book they have read lately. [Agreeing with an opinion.]
- Gini: “That wasn’t an interesting book.”
- Adrian: “_______________ I couldn’t go further than chapter 2.”
A. I think it will get better and better .
B. Yes. It gave me much more information.
C. You can say that again.
D. No, it was fascinating.
ĐỀ THI QUỐC GIA 2018
Question 1: Silas is talking to his roommate, Salah, about the Olympic Games. [Disagreeing with an opinion.]
- Silas: “Do you think our country can host the Olympic Games some day in the future?”
- Salah: “_______________. We can’t afford such a big event.”
A. You can say that again
B. I can’t agree with you more
C. Yes, you’re right
D. No, I don’t think so
Question 2: Laura is telling Bob about her exam results. [Proclaiming good news.]
- Laura: “_______________”
- Bob: “That’s great. Congratulations!”
A. I hope I’ll pass the exam tomorrow.
B. I’ve passed the exam with an A.
C. I’ll get the exam results tomorrow.
D. I didn’t do well in the exam.
Question 3: Two students are talking about the school curriculum. [Agreeing with an opinion.]
- Ted: “Swimming should be made part of the school curriculum.”
- Kate: “_______________. It is an essential life skill.”
A. Oh, that’s a problem
B. I can’t agree with you more
C. Not at all
D. You can make it
Question 4: Jane is talking to Mike, who has just helped her with her luggage. [Thanking for help.]
- Jane: “_______________”
- Mike: “It’s my pleasure.”
A. It’s too heavy.
B. It’s not my duty.
C. Thanks a lot, indeed.
D. Welcome back.
Question 5: Adam and Janet are at the school canteen. [Extending an invitation.]
- Adam: “_______________”
- Janet: “Yes, please.”
A. Do you mind if I sit here?
B. Can you pass me the salt, please?
C. It’s a bit hot in here, isn’t it?
D. Would you like a cup of coffee?
Question 6: Jenny and Jimmy are talking about university education. [Disagreeing with an opinion.]
- Jenny: “I think having a university degree is the only way to succeed in life.”
- Jimmy: “_______________. There are successful people without a degree.”
A. That’s life
B. That’s all right
C. I don’t quite agree
D. I can’t agree more
Question 7: Nancy and James are talking about their school days. [Agreeing with an opinion.]
- Nancy: “I think school days are the best time of our lives.”
- James: “_______________. We had sweet memories together then.”
A. I’m afraid so
C. That’s nonsense
D. I doubt it
Question 8: John and Mike are talking about Mike’s new car. [Complimenting on something nice.]
- John: “_______________”
- Mike: “Thanks. I’m glad to hear that.”
A. Where did you buy your car?
B. What a nice car!
C. Your car is new, isn’t it?
D. My car is very expensive.
Hãy theo dõi Reflective English trên trang Facebook “Reflective English,” nhóm “Biên – Phiên Dịch Tiếng Anh | Reflective English” và nhóm “Tiếng Anh Phổ Thông | Reflective English” nhé!