Grade 12 | Unit 1: Home Life (Hệ 7 năm)
Trọng tâm gồm những phần sau: Topic-specific Vocabulary, Describing Appearance and Personality, Talking about Family Role Models, Discussing Rules and Rights in the Family, Rephrasing in Reading and Listening, Tips on Speaking, Asking Follow-up Questions.
1. MY PARENT(S) – MY HOME LIFE:
a loving mother
a caring father
take responsibility for children
be willing to sacrifice
be supportive of the children
work on a night shift
spend time with the family
get on well with relatives
be a role model
set an excellent example
be under pressure
a close-knit family
FAMILY RULES (Duties and Rights)
I have to / but I don’t have to: Tôi phải / không phải
I am supposed to / but I’m not supposed to: Tôi được phân công …
I’m expected to / I’m not expected to: Tôi được ngỡ là phải …
I’m allowed to / but I’m not allowed to: Tôi được phép / không được
I can / but I can’t / mustn’t …
My parents let me / but they never let me: Ba mẹ cho phép tôi / không cho phép tôi …
My parents allow me to / but they don’t allow me to …
2. WORK AND STUDY:
We have to keep the house clean and tidy and we are supposed to help with the housework. However, we don’t have to work and earn money.
keep the house clean and tidy
help with / do the household chores
work part-time and earn money
study hard and pass exams
win a place in university
get good grades at school
look after younger brothers / sisters
help them with their homework
listen to and respect elders
inform your parents where you are going
act on your responsibility
keep up the family’s traditions
observe the customs
3. FRIENDS AND ENTERTAINMENT:
I can go out with friends, but I’m not allowed to hang out with friends all day. I must come home before 10.00 p.m.
go out with friends
stay out late or overnight
invite friends over now and then
have a girlfriend / boyfriend
but not fall in love yet
use the Internet for study
not chat or play games online
earn money / not neglect homework
stay up late watching TV
not sleep late
have a daily / weekly allowance
not waste money
do as you wish
4. PRACTICE. HOW CLOSE ARE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS?
Task 1. Circle the number of the statements that are true for you. Then correct the false statements so that they reflect your family life. Remember to use a range of vocabulary in your speech.
1. In my family only my father works as a breadwinner (người thu nhập chính).
2. Members of the family share the household chores.
3. My responsibility in the family is to wash the dishes.
4. In my family, the interest we share closely (have in common) is watching football.
5. I often share my personal secrets with my father.
6. I always talk to (consult) my parents before making an important decision.
1. work as a breadwinner, earn a living for the family, support the family financially, the main family provider.
2. share the chores, split the chores equally, divide the housework among the members.
3. My responsibility, my main duty, I’m supposed to, I’m expected to, I also have to take care of, I’m in charge of, I’m responsible for keeping the houses clean.
4. The interest we all have in common, We have many things in common, We are all interested in, We pay attention to, We take care of, We find it important to …
5. I share my secrets with, I trust my mother, so I tell her my secrets, I can always rely on Mum for keeping my secrets.
6. I talk to my parents about, I consult my father about, I can always ask my mother for advice.